Certificación: Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (CBM)
The goal of the CBM program is to certify that the holder meets specific educational and experience criteria and has passed rigorous testing in their knowledge and communication of meteorology and related sciences needed to be an effective broadcast meteorologist. <br>In order to acquire a CBM, new applicants must hold a degree in meteorology (or equivalent) from an accredited college/university, pass a written examination, and have their work reviewed to assess technical competence, informational value, explanatory value, and communication skills. All CBMs may retain their certification and display the CBM logo as long as they pay their membership and renewal fees each year and complete certain professional development requirements every five years.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
La certificación tiene un nivel de educación de los asociados de las artes o asociados de Ciencias de grado o superior y tiene un requisito de experiencia laboral de más de 2 años, o requiere la obtención de un "núcleo" de la certificación de nivel de la misma organización.
- Esta certificación está relacionada con las especialidades ocupacionales militares.