Certificación: STCW - Second Engineer Officer (1st AE) 3000 kW/4000 HP or More Management Level
100 Forbes Drive Martinsburg, WV 25404-7120
The STCW - Second Engineer Officer (1st AE) 3000 kW/4000 HP or More Management Level is a management-level license and a member of the engineering department on a merchant vessel. Engineers monitor the safe and efficient operation of engineering machinery, conduct routine maintenance and repair of engine room machinery and auxiliary equipment, and observe engine room repairs and work done by shipyard or other contractors. They also perform watch standing duties, respond to emergencies, and report special events in the appropriate logs. Engineer's participate as a lifeboat crewmember and a firefighting and emergency response team leader and report to the Chief Engineer. The First Engineer is responsible for the engine room when the Chief is not available. There are several pathways outlined in the licensing documents to obtain a United States Coast Guard license as a First Assistant Engineer. Candidates must meet a minimum sea service, training, and exam requirement.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
La certificación tiene un nivel de educación de los asociados de las artes o asociados de Ciencias de grado o superior y tiene un requisito de experiencia laboral de más de 2 años, o requiere la obtención de un "núcleo" de la certificación de nivel de la misma organización.
- Esta certificación está relacionada con las especialidades ocupacionales militares.